Feeding Our Kids is seeking a new Assistant Director to help the Executive Director in general operations of the organization. This will be a part-time position between 5-10 hours per week. This would be a good fit for someone with a flexible schedule looking to work for a community-based organization.
Details about the position are below the application link.
Position Title: Assistant Director, Feeding Our Kids
Reports To: Executive Director
Feeding Our Kids provides weekend food bags to school children facing food insecurity across Champaign County. The Assistant Director will help the Executive Director and Nutrition Director in various aspects of the organization with the main responsibilities being logistical operations and volunteer engagement.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Coordinate volunteer activities during the week (Monday or Tuesday afternoon/evening availability is required)
- Recruit, train and supervise volunteers responsible for food sorting and distribution
- Fill-in as needed for school deliveries throughout Champaign County (personal transportation is required)
- Maintain records, labels, and inventory of equipment
- Maintain and update database with volunteer, donor, and school data
- Communicate as necessary with staff
Potential Other Job Responsibilities (Dependent upon skills and interests)
- Assist with raising awareness and fundraising by attending and participating in events, meetings and presentations
- Utilize social media and website to promote organization
- Create printed materials
- Conduct correspondence such as donor thank you letters and communicate with school liaisons
- Supervise volunteers
- Experience in non-profit industry, education system, and/or social services preferred
- Management and/or logistics experience preferred
- Experience with volunteer based organizations preferred
- Excellent customer service skills (helpful, friendly and courteous)
- Effective listening and communication skills
- Excellent grammar, voice and diction
- Ability to analyze and solve problems effectively
- Excellent organizational, time management and computer skills
- Able to adapt quickly to changing demands and priorities
- Comfortable with public speaking
Some work will need to be done at volunteer events in communal rooms with no unusual hazards, however, lifting of up to 50 pounds may be necessary. Occasional travel around Champaign County, Illinois, including rural areas, will be necessary.
This is a part-time, hourly position, between 5-10 hours per week. While some hours are flexible, this position does require Monday or Tuesday afternoon and evening availability as well as other occasional evenings and weekends.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimal skills & experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as absolute standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered with other job-related criteria.
FEEDING OUR KIDS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued. FEEDING OUR KIDS will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an “at will” basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.