- Canned black beans
- Canned corn
- Shredded Mexican or Cheddar cheese
- Optional toppings: Salsa, Sour Cream, Guacamole
- Wash your hands and gather the ingredients on a clean counter.
- Open the cans of black beans and corn and drain them in a colander. Rinse them with water then stir them together with a spoon.
- Put the tortillas on a clean surface and spoon some of the bean and corn mixture over half of each tortilla. Sprinkle cheese on half of each tortilla then fold the tortilla in half.
- With the help of an adult, put the skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-low. Add the quesadillas. Cook the quesadillas, flipping halfway through with a spatula, until they are crisp on both sides and the cheese inside is melted.
- Take the quesadillas out of the skillet with a spatula and let them cool for about a minute.
- With the help of an adult, cut the quesadillas into wedges and serve with salsa, sour cream, or guacamole, if you like.