- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 4 cups pretzel sticks
- 2 1/2 cups pecan halves, toasted
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon shortening, divided
- 1/3 cup white baking chips
- Line a 13×9 in pan with foil; grease foil with softened butter. Spread pretzels and toasted pecans on bottom of prepared pan.
- In medium size pot, combine sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, evaporated milk, whipping cream, and butter. Monitor the hear of the mixture with a candy thermometer while stirring. When the thermometer reaches 240 degrees F remove the pot from the heat.
- Stir in vanilla. Pour the mixture over the prepared pan with pretzels and pecans and let cool.
- In microwave melt chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon shortening, stir until smooth. Pour and spread over caramel layer. In microwave, melt white baking chips add 1 teaspoon shortening, stir until smooth. Drizzle over top. Let stand until set.
- Using foil, lift candy out of pan, remove foil. Cut candy with sharp buttered knife into bite-size pieces