Here are a variety of resources. Both to learn more about food insecurity and to find assistance if you need it.
Food and Community Resources – Here is a list of local food pantries and other resources in the area, listed in English, Spanish, and French. We will try to make sure this information is up-to-date.
United Way 211 Program – You can call “211” on your phone, or go online, and receive personalized and anonymous help in identifying assistance programs in the area.
Summer 2021 Meal Distribution in Champaign and Urbana
- Champaign Unit 4 Meal Distribution Information (Take away breakfast and lunch each day)
- Urbana Unit 116 Meal Distribution Information (Wednesday distributions of up to 7 days worth of food)
Other Resources, especially during COVID-19. (Courtesy of United Way)
- Covid HELP (Housing and Economic Loss Prevention) is now live and available online at: https://covidhelpillinois.org/ This is a bot that will walk people through a series of questions to help them find answers and resources for their housing and consumer issues.
- Illinois Legal Aid Online (ILAO) has a web page dedicated to eviction issues for individuals at https://www.illinoislegalaid.org/legal-information/eviction
- ILAO also has a page of pleadings for eviction issues at https://www.illinoislegalaid.org/legal-information/covid-pleadings-housing-advocates
More Information about Food Insecurity
Feeding America: Hunger in America – Feeding America is the largest hunger organization in the US. This page is a good overview of the issue of Food Insecurity in our country.
Eastern Illinois Foodbank – EIF is the primary food source in the area for organizations like Feeding Our Kids